- You will be unlocking your phone's bootloader, which arguably voids warranty. Any software faults cause by user negligence won't be covered under warranty.
- I do not take responsibility for any damage you cause to your phone.
- Please sure that you have a full backup before proceeding. You WILL lose ALL of you data. All of it, no ifs or buts.
- This has been proven to work on XT1032 devices as well. I've only installed this onto my Asian Retail XT1033 dual SIM. So proceed with caution.
- Download all of the files onto a PC, NOT your phone.
I'd like to thank the community XDA Forum for providing download links and mirrors.
- Your phone's boot loader must be unlocked for you to be able to use this mod.
You must do this from the Motorola website directly. They will guide you through the process. Please read through all of what you need to know about the potential risks involved in unlocking it: Motorola Bootloader Unlock Website
- If you are not happy with potentially losing your warranty and/or damaging your device, then you should stop here and not go ahead. The risks are low but are present. In my opinion, the benefits to unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device overweight the cons every time. But that's arguable.
- You need to download the Android 4.4.4 "RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml.zip" ROM. This is the ROM which will convert your phone into the Brazilian Retail version of the Moto G XT1033. This version is very slightly different to the Asian Retail, and everything else is pretty much identical.
- You need to download the Android 5.0 "Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip" ROM. This is the official Android 5.0 Lollipop update file.
- Download and extract the fastboot and adb tools into the same folder (if you have not setup Android SDK). Download
- Once you downloaded all of the files, please put them all in one folder.
- Extract the "RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml.zip" file and you will have a folder called "RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml". Go into this folder.
- Download the Retail BR.bat.zip attached to this post below. Place it inside the "RETAIL-BR-DS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_38_cid12_CFC_1FF_SVC.xml" folder and rename the file to "Retail BR.bat" (removing the .zip extension).
- Boot your phone into "Bootloader" mode by either holding the Power and Down volume keys together until the phone reboots or using ADB with the code "adb reboot bootloader".
- Once in Bootloader, open Command Prompt (hold SHIFT & right click on the empty space of the folder where you have fastboot.exe located, and choosing "Open command window here") check your device is active by typing the "fastboot devices" command. You then need to run the Retail BR.bat file you've just create and wait for the process to finish. It will restart you phone into Android. Let it boot as normal. Don't set anything up, just skip through the first startup menus and copy the "Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip" into the root of the storage of you phone.
- Restart your phone into Bootloader again, but this time go into Recovery by pressing Volume down & Volume up. You will come to a screen with an image of an Android with a gear. Press Power and Volume up together and you will unlock the Recovery menu. You can navigate the menu by pressing Volume up to go up, Volume down to go down and power for enter. Choose "update from sdcard" and pick the "Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip" file. This will take you through the upgrade process to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Process takes about 15-20 minutes. Phone should restart itself you load into Android.
If you ever want to go back to your original firmware, all you need to do is go back to this website http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14 and chose the firmware that corresponds to you phone. Use the same "RetailGB.bat" file you've created to flash it.
| Draftsman @ Smoke Control Australia | Moderator @ TechnoFAQ |