Some people run into problems with factory reseting their devices. This method is full proof and will work no matter how much you've soft bricked your device. This guide is for Window only.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download the Motorola Device Drivers from their website: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481
- Install said drivers.
- Download the Android SDK tools: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37696796/platform-tools.zip
- Extract these tool anywhere on you PC, go into the folder and hold shift and right click anywhere on the empty space of the folder and choose "Open command window here" in the drop-down menu.
- Boot you phone into fastboot (bootloader) by pressing and holding down the Power Button and Volume Down keys together on your phone until your phone restarts. Let go and you should be booted into the bootloader.
- Plug your phone into you PC with a data cable and wait for the drivers to install.
- In the command prompt window type the following commands
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
- Your phone should now be back to it's factory condition and restarting into Android
| Draftsman @ Smoke Control Australia | Moderator @ TechnoFAQ |