- By turning your XT1033 into an XT1032 you will be unlocking your phone to be able to use most of the XT1032 compatible ROMs and Kernels from XDA Forum.
- This, in effect, will make it a single SIM phone, so you will not be able to use SIM2.
I'd like to thank CosmoDroid of XDA Forum for finding out this trick.
- Your phone's boot loader must be unlocked for you to be able to use this mod.
You must do this from the Motorola website directly. They will guide you through the process. Please read through all of what you need to know about the potential risks involved in unlocking it: Motorola Bootloader Unlock Website
- If you are not happy with potentially losing your warranty and/or damaging your device, then you should stop here and not go ahead. The risks are low but are present. In my opinion, the benefits to unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device overweight the cons every time. But that's arguable.
- You need to download the Android 4.4.2 "Blur_Version.174.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB" ROM. This is the only ROM which has a baseband and radio which is compatible with the XT1033 hardware, but as said early, only works with SIM1.
- Once you downloaded the ROM you'll need to extract the contents to your computer.
- Download and extract the fastboot and adb tools into the same folder (if you have not setup Android SDK). Download
- Download the install batch file: RetailGB.bat and put it into the same folder (this file will automatically run all the appropriate fastboot commands to flash your phone). Download
- Boot your phone into "fastboot" mode by either holding the Power and Down volume keys together or using ADB with the code "adb reboot bootloader".
- Once in fastboot mode, check your device is active with the code "fastboot devices". You then need to run the RetailGB.bat file you've just create and wait for the process to finish.
- Once that is complete. All you need to do is restart your device by simply pressing the power button
- Congratulations! You've got yourself a makeshift XT1032.
If you ever want to go back to your original firmware, all you need to do is go back to this website http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14 and chose the firmware that corresponds to you phone. Use the same "RetailGB.bat" file you've created to flash it.
| Draftsman @ Smoke Control Australia | Moderator @ TechnoFAQ |