[SOLVED] Micromax Canvas 4 (A210) stock ROM Flashing Issue

ManoharManohar Administrator
edited September 2014 in OS and apps
I'm currently on MIUI, I want to switch back to the sock rom of Canvas 4.

I tried following the tutorials 

but I had the same issue both times.
When I connect the phone (switched off) it connects (I can hear the sound) and then disconnects (again the sound) and starts charging.

I used the PdaNet+ drivers, the drivers of canvas hd (a116), and many others (Names of all the drivers further below the thread)

I tried using a different cable,removing the battery, different USB ports, multiple PC's, and 64bit versions of Windows 7, and windows 8/8.1, still, had the same issue..

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

What I did : 
Open the SP flash tool (with admin permissions)
Load the scatter file 
Check the box that says 'DA DL All With Check Sum'
Hit download
Connect the phone (switched off)
Now the issue starts, it connects, then disconnects, and starts charging.
The flash tool, it just keeps on searching for my phone.

Other Drivers I tried :
Micromax A116&A240 Drivers (from XDA)
a116_driver (from Micromax India download section)
AdbDriverInstaller (from XDA)
MTK6589_PdaNET_ADB_VCOM_Drivers (from the first tutorial link above)
PDAnet_4150 (from PDA website)
PdaNetA4126 (from PDA website)
MyPhoneExplorer_Setup_1.8.5 (someone referred)
- Manohar M (Design and Graphics, TechnoFAQ)

Comments

• Same problem is faced by me as well bhai....... did u find a solution for it?
  • sunitknandisunitknandi Administrator
    Could you try them on Windows 7?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 with CM11 and Espresso++ kernel

| Sunit Kumar Nandi | Team leader @ Techno FAQ | Follow me on my blog, Facebook and Twitter |
  • ManoharManohar Administrator
    Same problem is faced by me as well bhai....... did u find a solution for it?
    I'm constantly looking for a solution, Will let you know if I find any solution. If you come accross any solution let me know too
    Could you try them on Windows 7?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 with CM11 and Espresso++ kernel

Did try on windows 7
  •  
    Alright then. . . Try this . . this may seem much of useless but i think it's worth trying once. . You're running on MIUI Rom . . Make sure you have  CWM Installed, if not then download the root file from above post and Root your device, then install Mobile Uncle MTK Tools and CWM Recovery Image provided in above post. That's it, you now have CWM. . Now enter recovery mode and take a full nandroid backup of your current ROM if in case something wents wrong. . Don't worry about rooting your device cause you can easily do full unroot within the superuser app itself. Now After you have taken full backup of your current rom, you need to download the speed rebirth rom from above post and place it in your external SD Card. . Now again enter Recovery Mode and Perform a full data wipe, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and after this, you'll need to format /system . . After this has been done, DON'T REBOOT YOUR DEVICE JUST NOW. . Now Install the Speed Rebirth ROM from your External Card. . After successful installation or even failed installation repeat all the steps of wiping the caches, data and system and then reinstall the Speed Rebirth ROM . . THis will shift you from MIUI ROM to SPEED REBIRTH ROM . . and You can now perform the above mentioned steps to successfully flash Stock ROM . . This I think is a issue with the MIUI ROM . . 
    Hope to have you helped . . 
    Regards K.K

Alright then. . . Try this . . this may seem much of useless but i think it's worth trying once. . You're running on MIUI Rom . . Make sure you have  CWM Installed, if not then download the root file from above post and Root your device, then install Mobile Uncle MTK Tools and CWM Recovery Image provided in above post. That's it, you now have CWM. . Now enter recovery mode and take a full nandroid backup of your current ROM if in case something wents wrong. . Don't worry about rooting your device cause you can easily do full unroot within the superuser app itself. Now After you have taken full backup of your current rom, you need to download the speed rebirth rom from above post and place it in your external SD Card. . Now again enter Recovery Mode and Perform a full data wipe, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and after this, you'll need to format /system . . After this has been done, DON'T REBOOT YOUR DEVICE JUST NOW. . Now Install the Speed Rebirth ROM from your External Card. . After successful installation or even failed installation repeat all the steps of wiping the caches, data and system and then reinstall the Speed Rebirth ROM . . THis will shift you from MIUI ROM to SPEED REBIRTH ROM . . and You can now perform the above mentioned steps to successfully flash Stock ROM . . This I think is a issue with the MIUI ROM . . 
    Hope to have you helped . . 
    Regards K.K
    I installed the MIUI the same way via CWM. Which was installed via Mobile Uncle Tools. 

Now, I want to switch to the Stock firmware that shipps with the Canvas 4. Not the SpeedReBirth ROM. Also the ROM doesnot have any mirrors other than GoogleDrive which has issues downloading large files at my internet speed.
  • vimalvimal Member
    while trying to flash stock ROM, When I connect the phone (switched off) it connects (I can hear the sound) and then disconnects (again the sound) and starts charging.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THE ABOVE ISSUE..???
  • DID anyone got the solution...  or pointers.....

having same issue while switching to Stock ROM
    while trying to flash stock ROM, When I connect the phone (switched off) it connects (I can hear the sound) and then disconnects (again the sound) and starts charging.

IS THERE ANY SOLUTION FOR THE ABOVE ISSUE..???
    I had the same problem. I tried transferring a rom to an external SD but, CWM just won't recognise the SD card. I formatted it to FAT32 as well. But no use. 
    As of now, seems like there is no way at all to switch to the stock rom. If anyone finds a solution please let me know.
  • I too faced the same problem but solved it....Just click on DA DL ALL with check Sum and then connect ur phone.....it wl flash the stock rom...mine problem was solved by this....good luck....
    I too faced the same problem but solved it....Just click on DA DL ALL with check Sum and then connect ur phone.....it wl flash the stock rom...mine problem was solved by this....good luck....
    Mine was plainly a driver issue. I solved it a long time ago. Forgot to update the thread. Thanks for the info anyway.
  • utsavnutsavn Member
    Hello bro... Manohar am facing same problem as u described before but my problem not solved right now can you tell me WHAT IS 'DA DL ALL Check Sum'....  :# :| and how to go further i can't solve my driver issue (just connecting and disconnecting)
  • utsavnutsavn Member
    Manohar said:
    I too faced the same problem but solved it....Just click on DA DL ALL with check Sum and then connect ur phone.....it wl flash the stock rom...mine problem was solved by this....good luck....
    Mine was plainly a driver issue. I solved it a long time ago. Forgot to update the thread. Thanks for the info anyway.
    What is DA DL ALL ceck sum
  • utsavnutsavn Member
    edited July 2015
    Yaaro please... Tell me how to solve this driver issue of canvas4 (MT65XX Preloader)I unanle to use spflashing tool, and i wanted my stock rom again..... This MIUI rom content so much bugs for canvas 4. Stock rom is always perfect for canvas 4.
  • I also get the same issue, It is like We connect  USB pendrive To PC for 2 sec and then remove it from compter for another 2 second, and the again connect for 2 second and so on... And due to this I am not able to install Stock Rom on my phone . My phone is bricked up and is want to install ROM software on my Canvas 4 A210. but not able to do so due to the "Blinking USB connection" which i call this problem so.
          I will try to use the method of DA DL ALL which checksum Mentioned by "Mecoolhi"
  • Yes the option of "DA DL with Checksum" works if we want to flash Software/ROM to Mediatek Android with SP Tools. I want to thank to 'Meecoolhi' who in his comment above, gave this solution My Canvas 4 device too was bricked up and I flashed ROM and it was installed successfully. Now my device is unbricked. Yippie!!! You also try this DA DL with checksum if you have Interrupting USB connection/ Or Blinking USB connnection. Good luck!!! """""""""""-------_______Om namo bhagwate Vasudevay_______-------"""""""""'"