Before you uninstall iOS 12 from your device and install iOS 11.1/11.1.1/11.1.2/11.2 on iPhone/iPad, there are two things you need to do. They are:
1. Back Up the Data
on Your iOS Device
No one knows what will happen during the downgrading process. Thus, you are suggested to make a backup before performing the downgrade. Here, you can use the free third-party software called MobiKin Assistant for iOS to simply backup your files. This program allows you to sync the iPhone/iPad/iPod files to computer with several clicks. In addition, it enables you to repeatedly backup the files to iTunes with one click.
Let's see how to transfer iPhone files to PC for backup!
- Launch the program and then use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to computer.
- Go with the onscreen prompts to make your iPhone be recognized.
- After the recognition, you can view your phone files on the program. Just tick the files you want to backup and hit "Export" to save them onto your computer.
2. Disable "Find My iPhone"
You need to turn off the "Find My iPhone" service on your iDevice. To complete that, you can:
- Head to "Settings" and tap on your name at the top of the list.
- Then choose "iCloud" followed by "Find My iPhone".
- Here, if you find that the service is enabled, you need to slide the button to turn it off. If it is disabled, just ignore it.
3. Make Space for the Download
The iOS downgrade means you need to uninstall iOS 12 and then install other iOS version on your device. And both uninstallation and installation require certain storage space of the device. Therefore, you need to check the available storage space on your device. If the space is very small, you should optimize your iDevice space in advance.