How to split large size PST files

I have some very large sized Outlook PST files which are difficult to store and handle. Is there any way so that I can divide these large-sized files. Please suggest some way.

Comments

• Follow the mentioned steps:
    1. Launch Microsoft Outlook and go to the File tab.
    2. Click Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items.
    3. Select a Folder to archive, choose a date in Archive items older than box and click Browse to save archive file at desired location.
    4. Click OK to end the process.
  • If you are looking for the best PST splitter then I suggest you the best Split Outlook PST Tool, which can be used to split the large PST files to a small one. This tool is very accurate and trustworthy. This tool also maintains files originality while splitting the PST file. To know more about this Split Outlook PST Tool you can download its demo version.
  • merrysmithh04merrysmithh04 Member
    edited September 2020
    You can Split PST File into multiple small PST files, you can use the best Split PST file software. This tool provides multiple options to split PST files such as Split by A straightforward program to split by size, year & folder PST is one of the most widely used platforms for MS Outlook for Windows. PST holds a number of databases.you can download the free trial version which converts few items from each folder.you can download this tool from here:-
    https://www.pcinfotools.com/pst-splitter/
  • ryanhunt7751ryanhunt7751 Member
    edited December 2020
    If manual method get failed to Split Large PST file then I would to recommend you this Outlook PST Splitter software to divides the large PST file with respect to Date, Size, Year, or Folder option chosen by user. It has ability to split PST file into smaller pst files by retaining the originality. With the utility, users get four different ways to split the large PST file i.e. according to date, size, folder and year.

• There are two methods to split PST files, either manual method or by using a third-party tool. It's important to divide a large or oversized PST file to save the outlook data file from getting corrupted. 
    To Split PST file by manual method try using these methods:
    Method 1: Move data items of PST file using the ‘Archive’ feature in Outlook
    Method 2: Move PST file items by using the ‘Import & Export’ feature of Outlook
    Method 3: Move PST file items by using Outlook’s ‘Move to Folders’ feature

For steps and screenshot, you can check this link: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/distinct-ways-split-pst-files-large-size-small-ones/

The manual method is efficient and cost-effective, but it's lengthy and needs Outlook wizard knowledge. So I would recommend you to split pst files tool try Stellar Splitter for Outlook. An advanced and professional tool which can easily split PSt file of any size on the desired parameter like size, date, folder, etc.
  • Method 1: Reducing PST Size with Import/Export Process
    Import/Export wizard is not only used for moving data files to and from MS Outlook, but it also is used to split PST file in MS Outlook.

Following are the steps mentioned that will guide you to complete the splitting of PST files:

Step 1: Launch MS Outlook, click File from the menu bar.

Launch Outlook

Step 2: Navigate to Account Settings >> Account Settings

Account Setting

Click Add button under Data Files tab from the dialog box.

Add button in Data Files

Step 3: Enter name and type as Outlook data file (.pst) and click OK to create a new PST.

create a new PST

Step 4: You can view the new PST under Data Files

Step 5: Now, click File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.

view the new PST

Step 6: Select Export a File in Import and Export Wizard and click Next button.

Import and Export Wizard

Step 7: In Export File windows select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next button.

Select Outlook Data File

Step 8: Choose folders to export and check the Include Subfolders option if you want to export subfolders.

Choose folders to export

Step 9: Now, browse to select to select the saving location of the exported file and choose from options to disallow exporting duplicates items. And, click Finish

select the saving location

Step 10: Set a password for exported PST file or if you want you can cancel it simply.

I hope this manual method will be helpful!

Tim Paine
  • hamiltonhamilton Member
    To split the over-sized Outlook PST files into multiple small PSTs, I have a reliable solution that gives a 100% accurate result without any hurdle. Split Outlook PST Tool is the most trustable Outlook PST Split tool that easily divides multiple PST files at the same time without losing any data. It has many attractive PST Split options such as- Split by Size, Split by Folder, Split by Year. you can download this software from here:-https://www.betavare.com/split-pst/